Monday, May 28, 2007

Official Episode 9 names

Ugh new official names for all the new stuff in episode 9 came out on the Gainax website today and boy was I off the mark. Lets take a look:

The scorpion General, who's name I translated as Adine is Adiane, not too bad.


The Peacock who I gave a German sounding name, Shtomundor or something, was as simple as "Cytomander" go figure.

I think I called this one "Goam" or something. His official name is Guame.

The big fish, the Spiral King. I called him Roddanam or something. Official name is Lord Genome.

The new mechs weren't really named in the episode, except Dai-Ganzan became Dai-Gurren and stuff like that. but you can check them out at http://www.gurren-lagann.net/mecha/index.html

Save Adiane, I kinda was off the ball on these. Oh well.

And one more thing from an anon on /m/ who went to Fanime this year:

"I recently returned from Gainax's Gurren-Lagann panel. I didn't bring my video camera this time, so I'm typing this from memory.

First, they showed the episode one of Gurren-Lagann without subtitles, but I'm pretty sure almost everyone there had already seen it fansubbed. After the episode was over, Hiroyuki Yamaga said, "If you want to see what happens next... I don't care, watch a fansub or something." So there you go: WE ARE FULLY AUTHORIZED TO DOWNLOAD GURREN-LAGANN."

So download guilt free my Gurren fans!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering, can you post up all the correct CRC's for the episodes (I'm looking for the xvid ones specifically).

Ep.1 xvid, the visuals is skipping as if it can't keep up with the sound.

Anonymous said...

Well atleast you correct your mistakes :D

spin on Nyoro~n

Anonymous said...

you should continue with the names that you've been using. It can be irratating if you've been used to calling a character one name then suddenly change to another. my opinion stay with the ones that you've been using. They're not off from the originals and they are way better. Gunmen instead of Ganmen? Thats dumb.

Shami-nyan said...

Gil: If you're using VLC to play the episode 1 avi, then it skips, and I don't know why. I tried encoding it in different ways and nothing worked. It does, however, play fine in both ZPlayer and WMP for me.


"Ganmen" will stay as "Ganmen", but the offical character names will be used (lol Thymilph). Hopefully the slight differences in way they're spelled and the way they're pronounced won't confuse people too much.