Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Gainax offical name flip flops.

God damn it Gainax. I was reading through the Gainax official site for Gurren Lagann and noticed that they changed many of the official names for several things: Chimiruf has now become Thymilph. But no one cares about him cause he's dead now. Dai Gurren Dan becomes Team Dai Gurren, and Coco Ji became Old Coco. Not big deals since I haven't even really used them. But the biggest change which makes no sense is Ganmen are now to be called Gunmen, which is ridiculous. Ganmen as some of you may know is an alternative word to Kao or face in Japanese. This made sense since the machines are basically big heads with arms and legs. Gunmen is kind of bizzare as I have yet to see one of the things armed with a gun. And now that I look closer I see that Viral's modified Enki is now known as the Enkidu, that's just lolfully sad.

I'll submit to the first few changes but the changes for the mech names I'm not so sure about. Should I follow the official names even if they've become woefully retarded, or stick with my current translations We've used for 8 episodes?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Stick with the old names.

Anonymous said...

I second that. The site only changed the English translation probably to sound cooler or something for when they bring out the American release. Don't change it please.

Anonymous said...

Your old and current style is awesome

Anonymous said...

Fuck yeah ! Nyoro~n rocks !

Anonymous said...

old names

Anonymous said...

The old names.
Besides that, what is that a picture off?

Anonymous said...

most likely the grown off version of Simon and the 2 kids that followed them.

Your old version names is much better