Sunday, May 27, 2007

More stuffs

Episode 9 avi is done, though Scarywater's tracker seems to be down at the moment. Or maybe it just doesn't like me. Whatever.

.AVI
http://a.scarywater.net/nyoron/%5BNyoron%20Subs%5D%20Gurren%20Lagann%2009%20(704x396_XviD).avi.torrent



And now in response to some comments -

We intend to get an actual website. Trying to work out a nice layout.

As far as I know, we don't intend on getting an IRC channel. At least I don't. Haven't even discussed it really. Torrents seem to work nicely.

Scripts for episodes 1-5 were done in Sub Station Alpha 4 (.ssa files). Episodes 6+ are being done in Aegisub (.ass files). I doubt anything else will ever be used for the subtitles.

And I'll direct Fang back here in regards to the SQ/HQ mkv versions since episode 8. He took over doing the encoding for the SQ after he found a nifty (I guess) encoding program.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

quote: Only HQ, since a LQ at roughly the same size is stupid

Note: i didnt said ur stupid, u said it urself.

And finally, nyoron have become smarter, congratulations

Shami-nyan said...

There has always been a noticeable difference in the SQ and HQ mkvs. The new encoding that Fang started with episode 8 may have changed the need for both versions, which is nice.

I assume calling others stupid while posting anonymously increases the size of your e-peen. Congrats on hiding behind the internet.

And our translations have been fine from the beginning. There is always more than one way to translate things, after all, and even more ways to say it in English.

Anonymous said...

Did you guys reduce the font size of the subtitles in Episode 8? I was looking at the screen you posted of Episode 9 and saw that the font size was smaller, so I was wondering if it was VLC media player's fault that the font sizes were so huge.

Anonymous said...

I always found bittorrent to be just fine for me. I seriously don't know why some people IRC so much. Then again I am computer illiterate so that could be a part of it.

Lolfang said...

Yes Anonymous, it is VLC's fault. softsubbed mkvs have all sorts of trouble in VLC, so you're better off downloading the combined community codec pack and using one of the included players, or downloading the .AVI

Anonymous said...

Ah, so that was the problem, thanks! Now I can actually read the subtitles.

Anonymous said...

i don't see the subs when watching episode 3. do you have the ssa file for it? thanks in advance!! ^ ^

Anonymous said...

arrggh cancel that. it didn't work with mpc, but it works with windows media player. how strange >.<